- Creating a Page
- Creating a Page Type
- Creating a new Page for a Page Type
- Cloning a Page
- Updating a Page Type
- Deleting a Page Type
Creating a Page
Pages are the core building block of any website. Page Types, pre-configured page templates that can be used to create a new page, allow you to quickly launch a new marketing site and add pages to your existing site as a Marketer.
1. To create a Page, the first thing you need to do is click on the Pages icon from your Main Menu
2. Click on the New Page button.
3. Add the fields you'd like to use for the Page you are creating and click Save when done. Learn more about Content Fields here.
4. Enter a name for the Page you just created.
Note: When you create the page name, the API slug for that page will automatically generate to match. You have the flexibility to also change the default slug for your page by simply changing it in the API Slug text box.
Creating a Page Type
Now that you have a saved page, you can make it into a re-usable Page Type or template containing all of the content types you've modeled for this page.
1. Click on the gear icon > Configure Page type.
2. Enter the name you would like to call this Page Type then click the Save as a Page Type button.
Now you have successfully created a new Page Type.
To create a new page of that Page Type, you can either click on the Plus "+" sign next to the Page Type from the Main Menu:
Or from the Pages Dashboard, you can choose the Page Type from your list:
Note: You can also view all the pages for any given Page Type by clicking on the name of the Page type from the Main Menu
Creating a new Page for a Page Type
There are two ways to do this.
The first option is to click on the plus "+" sign next to the page type you'd like to create a new page for.
Or you can click on the New Page button and select the Page Type from the list that you'd like to make a new page for.
Cloning a Page
To clone or create a copy of an already existing Page. Just click on the 'Clone as a new page' button:
Updating a Page Type
You can also re-configure a Page Type by adding or removing content fields from an existing Page Type.
1. Open the Page Type configuration by clicking on this link:
OR this drop-down box:
2. Make whatever updates to the Page Type that are required: adding or deleting content types, changing what fields are mandatory, creating min/max length requirements for text fields, etc.
Adding a field to the Page Type configuration also adds the same field to all the existing Pages using that Page Type. It is IMPORTANT to note that when you add a "mandatory" field to your Page Type, the very next time you edit a Page using that Page Type, you will be required to update the mandatory field before any changes can be saved.
Removing a field from the Page Type configuration removes the same exact field on all Pages using that Page Type along with the content for those fields. Please only do this if you're certain this field is no longer necessary for all pages of this Page Type.
Renaming a Page Type is also very simple. Just click on the Page Type Name box and enter the new name you'd like to use for the Page Type. It's important to note the slug for this page will change as a result.
Deleting a Page Type
1. Open the Page Type configuration by clicking on the Page Type name next to any article from the Pages dashboard.
OR this drop-down box:
2. Then you can click on the red delete button at the top right:
IMPORTANT: Deleting a page type will delete all pages created using that page type. You will get a prompt to confirm this action and it will also display all the pages that will be deleted.