Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication scheme that allows a user to log in with a single ID to any of several related, yet independent, software systems.
We support the most popular SAML providers including Azure, Google, OneLogin, Okta, Salesforce, and more. You can send an inquiry directly to our Sales team, HERE.
This is available on our Enterprise plans. If your team is interested in enabling this feature for your account, please reach out to us via in-app chat or send a message to our Sales Team.
Process for setting up Single sign-on (SSO):
- Share your SSO Identity provider with us.
- We'll take care of all the configuration steps that are needed
- Set a date and time when our team can enable SSO for your organization
Important when an organization turns on SSO:
- Your users are no longer able to log in using their ButterCMS email and password. Instead, they must click the “Login with SSO” button.
- Your users will now reset passwords through your SSO password flow
- You can still invite users through the ButterCMS interface. When a user accepts the invite, you’ll notice there’s no password field for them to fill in, as their login will be routed through the SSO provider.
Once we've enabled SSO for your ButterCMS Organization, this is automatically applied to all users within your organization.
We do not support user auto-provisioning for security reasons, so any users to have access to ButterCMS will need to be added/invited explicitly.
To learn more about the process of logging in and managing your Single Sign-On (SSO) users, please check this article: